The Lady Riders singles players went an impress 7-0 on the day at the Canton Division II tennis sectional tournament.
- MacKenzie Thomas had a bye in round 1 and then beat Central Christian and St. Thomas to make it to the quarterfinals.
- Sydney Adcock won 3 matches on the day. She defeated singles players from Ravenna, Central Catholic, and Chippewa to advance to Wednesdays matches.
- Abby Adcock had a by in round 1 before winning her matches vs. Marlington and Manchester.
The doubles teams won 3 out of 5 matches, but unfortunately they are both eliminated.
- Sophie Flinner & Camryn McCrary defeated Norton and Ravenna before losing to the #4 seed Canton South.
- Annie Domer & Jaidah Whitely defeated Coventry before losing to Triway.
Comments On the Matches
“Our Singles players really had a good day at the sectional tournament today by going 7-0 on the day and not giving up a set. This is really a great experience for Abby and Sydney since they are both freshmen and it is their first go at a sectional tournament.
“As for MacKenzie, she is the #4 seed so everyone looks at her matches knowing she is one of the favorites to get out to the district tournament.”
“As for the doubles, our second doubles team of Jaidah & Annie really played well and lost in the 2nd round to Triway. It was a well-played match and our girls finished strong.”
“The 1st doubles team won their first two matches easily and then had to play the #4 seeded team from Canton South. This was a team we had split with during the year. Things didn’t go the way we had hoped but it certainly wasn’t for lack of effort. We just couldn’t win the crucial points and the momentum slipped away by the time the 2nd set was halfway over.”